Monday, September 15, 2014

Counseling Blog in the Making

"Becoming is better than being" - Carol Dweck 

Hello and Welcome!

The heading quote is from Carol Dweck's book "Mindset" which I just read this past summer. The approach and understanding that Dweck provides such an incredible shift in my understanding of relating to others and appreciating my mindsets!   

The above quote will truly guide what is posted on this blog. This is a place where I will share about my experiences as a developing school counselor. Starting out, I am in my final year of the MA in School Counseling Program at Gonzaga University. Prior to that I earned my BA in Psychology and Liberal Arts for the Human Services from the University of Minnesota Morris. I hope to continue this blog following my graduation and throughout my career as a professional. After all, there is always more to reflect on, and ways to grow. In that way, I hope to always be in the making! 

No comments:

Post a Comment