Sunday, January 6, 2019

4th Year Reflection

So far, this has been an exciting year. Entering Year 4, I realized that there is more I know in terms of how my school district functions and how to address student needs. I also realized that the programs I have established over the past 3 years are making an impact within our school community. Perhaps what I am most proud of is a mentoring program where 8th grade students learn how to be leaders to a small group of 6th grade students. This year, I've had 40 8th graders working together to meet with groups of 8-10 6th graders. We call this program Wolf Pack.

This year, I've been able to use the lessons I created previously to build upon skills related to social awareness, communication, and connection. Basically I've taken my goals from an intro to 6th grade group, and expanded it to be a tier 1 intervention for our 6th grade class. As we keep moving through the year, I am excited to see the relationships continue to grow.

There have been many more moments of growth and successes throughout the year. In my transition to the 2nd half of the year, my goals include utilizing and sharing a calendar for my counseling program; attending the state counseling conference; and have student schedules completed before the second to last day of school. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment