Monday, April 13, 2015

It Happened! I've been Published!

The article I was working on (with lots of support from my academic adviser) was accepted! Then it was reviewed and edited (multiple times), resubmitted, and finally published!

Here is the final article:  Solution-Focused Dreams: The Disney Approach to School Counseling - VISTAS Online

As someone who grew up with Disney films, I learned that you have to follow your dreams. And while your dreams may take work (and sometimes lots of it), that is part of what makes them worthwhile. This experience goes into the category "Things I'll remember because I did something for them." In fact, that's where a lot of my accomplishments go. I don't think its a personal accomplishment to get dressed in the morning, but that's because I am blessed and privileged to have clothes, be able-bodied, and not live with a daily battle for my mental health. However, if I had one fewer privilege, getting dressed may well be a personal accomplishment.

I have been blessed and honored to have the life I have lived so far. I am excited to continue to inform you of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment